Who Wants to Rock?

Randall, Homework, NK, Chazzy and Vick are a gaggle of middle-age rock and rollers who, each month, attend several free rock and roll shows at the Mohegan Sun Wolf Den. Some may call this virile collection of man-meat "losers", and that may be accurate, but they sure can rock...oh, how they can rock.

JONATHAN EDWARDS - Rock Log 042212

Well, I saw my second drum-less show at the Den on Sunday night – this time with NK along.  Coincidently this show proved to also be the second bare-footed performer I have now seen there.  Yes, Jonathan Edwards, (not the politician), played before a convalescent crowd on a rainy, sports-less evening which we had nothing better to do.

On the plus side, this was my favorite drum-less show (Chad & Jeremy).  On the negative side, this was least favorite bare-footed show (Marrakesh Express, a Crosby, Stills & Nash Tribute Band).

On the plus side, we saw Greg and spaghetti-strapped Squatch cuddled up in the first circular booth stage left.  On the negative side, we saw Real Estate Joe and his bride bail after thirty minutes.

On the plus side, Jonathan Edwards – who, by the way, I had no idea who he was or what he sang – is a talented singer, harmonica player and guitarist.  At 65, this guy knows his role in the music industry...play some old tunes for some old folks to reminisce about.   On the negative side, I am not one of those old folks.

On the plus side, I witnessed a campground/fair type show that featured unique instruments which we don’t see every day at the Den – bass violin, mandolin, harmonica to go along with the piano and guitar.  On the negative side, I need my electric guitars and drums.

On the plus side, the show had a James Taylor type vibe to it – easy listening.  On the negative side, it also had a Hee Haw feel to it (without the babes).

On the plus side, I didn’t know his songs so I can’t comment in good conscience.  On the negative side, I didn’t know his songs so I can’t comment in good conscience.

Lastly, on the plus side, NK and I spent $0 as we found out water bottles are complimentary.  On the negative side, we blew our very first absolutely “free” evening by snagging a BOGO on the way out…. $7.99.

Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment